Blue shows Haldimand Grant, Purple shows Six Nations reserve
Red Star shows Douglas Creek occupation
From the corporate press:
- Progress being made at talks to end aboriginal standoff; chief; Canada.com April 27th
- With the UN listening, Six Nations member to take Canada to task for 'deplorable human rights violations'; Toronto Sun April 27th [a crap paper, but i’m trying to be through…)
- How to resolve Indian land claims; Toronto Star April 27th
- Protesters use barricade to screen non-native visitors; The Hamilton Spectator April 27th
- CBC interview with Shawn Brant of Tyendinaga; CBC (on Autonomy & Solidarity site)
- Native protest blocks Lions Gate Bridge; Vancouver Sun April 27th
I will be away for th next six days, so will probably be unable to update this blog until then. Please remember that for the most up to date and comprehensive news coverage you should go to the SISIS website.
Please also remember that this Friday there are support rallies for the Six Nations people in Toronto and Ottawa, and an organizing meeting in Montreal.
Categories: canada, colonialism, first-nations, media, mohawk-nation, protest