Artists Against Apartheid VIan evening featuring hip-hop, jazz and experimental music within the growing cultural movement in opposition to Israeli apartheid---------------------------
SUNDAY MARCH 22nd
La Sala Rossa
4848 St. Laurent
A ground breaking cultural event celebrating artist/activist Freda Guttman's 75th birthday within the ongoing Artists Against Apartheid concert series...
* Antoine Bustros piano, keyboard, with by Benoît Piché on trumpet and Greg Smith on sampler, accompanied by projected excerpts from 'Territories' a documentary film by Mary-Ellen Davis information at: www.antoinebustros.com
* Meryem Saci and Nantali Indongo the two women MCs from the celebrated Montreal hip-hop group Nomadic Massive information at: www.nomadicmassive.ca
* Karen Young, celebrated musician and vocalist joined by Éric Auclair, a duo performance entitled Electro Beatniks information at: www.karenyoung.org
* Banana & the Flying Colors, music from the edges of Montreal's experimental music scene, involving piano and keyboards, highlighted by live projections
* Freda Guttman, artist and activist will present a slide-show on Canada Park, a Canadian funded colonial park project administered by the Jewish National Fund, constructed over the destroyed Palestinian villages Imwas, Beit Nuba and Yalo, demolished by Israel after the 1967 which commenced Israel's ongoing occupation of the Palestinian West Bank.
An event occurring within the ongoing campaigns pushed forward by Tadamon! Montreal, a collective working to build solidarity between movements for social and economic justice from Montreal to the Middle East. Tadamon!'s ongoing political campaigns operating in Canada, including the campaign for boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israeli apartheid.
Internet : www.tadamon.ca
Tél. : 514 664 1036
Courriel : info[at]tadamon.ca