BASICS is newspaper put out by some revolutionaries in Toronto, with a popular and working class orientation. Would definitely say it's worth checking out... material from the latest issue is going up online, here's a list of some of the pieces:
- OPERATION ‘PROFUNC’: Canada’s Plans to Intern 16,000 Communists, 50,000 Sympathizers - by Steve da Silva
- Development for whom? - by Marco Luciano, Migrante Ontario
- Open Letter - reject Barrick Gold's involvement in Latin American 'leadership' event - by Hassan Reyes, Barrio Nuevo
- Students and Communities Lose out on Access to Campus Space
- French Pension Reforms Imposed, Despite Largest Strikes in 40 Years - by Steve da Silva
- Play Review: Not By Our Tears by R. Cheran - by Nayani Thiyagarajah
Also, be sure to listen to this important discussion on Radio Basics (November 22, 2010), about Fascism and Anti-Fascism in Canada Today, including a discussion with a victim of a recent Nazi home invasion. Anti-Racist Action member Jason Devine is interviewed about the home invasion he suffered at the hands of neo-Nazis on the night of Nov 7-8, while his four children and wife were in the house. The Nazi thugs beat him and another friend with bats, hammers, and other blunt weapons. Includes a discussion of fascist and anti-fascist politics across Canada and throughout history.
The hardcopy of Issue #24 is coming out in early December. To help with community distribution, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.