Sunday, March 12, 2006

Heads Up: The People of Sand and Slag

As readers of this blog should know, one of the things that make me happiest in life in science fiction.

This is tenuously related to my politics, but like all cultural/aesthetic passions, there is a lot more than just that. What kind of art (yeah, and stories are art) one likes cannot be reduced to what one “should” like, or even what one can adequately explain liking. So I ain’t even gonna try…

Instead, I’d like to give a heads up to those of you who may share my taste in SF, about one of the best stories I have read this year. The People of Sand and Slag, by Paolo Bacigalupi, is not only a very beautiful and dystopian glimpse at what might be, but you can also read it online – just follow the hyperlink.

Enjoy!

Categories:



1 comment:

  1. Just thought i'd put this in here as a comment on my own post, so as not to lose it... a list of the Ten Best Science Fiction Movies Never Made which i stumbled upon yesterday...

    ReplyDelete